Alex J. Vispoli
Alex Vispoli was elected to the Andover Board of Selectmen in 2004 and reelected in 2007 and 2010. He has led initiatives on the Board including:
- Consolidation of Andover’s IT organization and infrastructure
- Creation of the Andover Economic Development Council
- I93 proposed interchange project
- Reduction in Town owned vehicles
- Annual citizens mid – year review for major project updates
- Regionalization opportunities with surrounding towns – including North Andover shared DPW resource.
- Opening the Old Town Hall on Saturday mornings
- Creation of Andover’s Design Review Board.
Alex was elected the Massachusetts Municipal Association (MMA) Board of Directors and the Massachusetts Selectmen’s Association (MSA) Board of Directors in 2011.
He is currently the District 2 Representative (Essex and Middlesex Counties) for the MSA. He also is a member of the Governor’s Local Government Advisory Commission.
Vispoli was also a member of the MMA’s Policy Committee on Municipal and Regional Administration.
Previously Vispoli lived in Norfolk MA and served seven years as an elected planning board member in that community including three years as chair. He also served as a Massachusetts Area Planning Council representative
Vispoli has been in the Information Technology business for 25 years, he currently holds the position of Vice President of Sales for a Boston-based technology company. Alex and Ann live on Alison Way and have 4 children.
Alex has a degree from Eastern Nazarene College.